This post is specifically more targeted to users who are planning to switch from Nokia mobile phones to Android Phones.
First and foremost, a bit of information. All the contacts in your (to be andriod phone) should be and would be synced to your Google account. Yes, all the contact along with Phone numbers, mobile numbers, their personal / official email addresses will be in GMAIL address book / Contacts.
The process would be to EXPORT all the contacts in your Nokia cell phone to your SD Card.
- Goto your contacts in your nokia cell phone
- MARK all
- Choose the option such as EXPORT to SD Card
- Insert the SD Card in your phone.
- Switch on your phone
- Go to Contact in your phone
- Select option similar like IMPORT CONTACTS from SD CARD
- navigate to OTHER Folder
- Android would automatically import all the contacts
- Combine all the VCF into one VCF by issuing a command in LINUX.
- cat *.vcf > all_contacts.vcf
- Import all_contacts.vcf into Google Mail.