These days, we frequently watch youtube video and a lot of times, we think, gosh I need to save this file on my PC locally.
Here is how and what you need to do.
First off, make sure, you have VLC player installed and a browser off course.
- Copy the desired URL from browser, open VLC.
- CTRL + N (Open Network Stream).
- Paste the URL. Wait for the Video to load in VLC. Once video is open, CTRL +J (Tools > Codec Information). At bottom of that dialog box, TRIPLE click and copy the whole URL.
- Switch to browser. CTRL + T (New Tab), CTRL + V (Paste) and ENTER.
- Once video is loaded, right click on Video and choose SAVE AS.
Voila, Video would be saved on your PC.
I have got a new craze these days. Twittering, and man, I was looking for some way to stay in touch with those short bursts of Twittering information coming from different sources. Finally, I got what I needed. Thanks for Guy Kawasaki for his post. Now I can stay in touch using the RSS Feeds.
To cut the long story short, use the twitter default Search facility by your UserName, usually @[UserName]. Once the results are displayed, add the URL to your RSS feeds. It will ask you the option to choose your Timeline, or your freinds timeline. Choose accordingly and walla. You will be kept updated with own time line using RSS feeds.
Once the information is in RSS feed reader, you can slice dice them, perform search in them and archive them.
Signing out for now.