Hi and Welcome to small dot of Salman ke Khayalat on Websphere.
This blog is an attempt to keep all my information (which could range from ideas, from rants to product / movie reviews) in a visual way, a visual repository perhaps. Also, I have a knack of keeping bookmarks to my favorite websites and making them properly tagged, and assigned them keywords. Still with the amount of bookmarks, I feel a better way to document those websites (especially reference ones) is to use a Blog.
The name is Salman… Salman, Khwaja (Feels like the bond intro, doesn’t it). I came across a good idea of turning a small web page into a search engine.
- Don’t know how much secure and private they are, but a nice product for privacy enthusiasts.. https://thehelm.com/ #SalmanKhwaja
- Airlift Wants to Replace Public Transport in Pakistan. Is it Succeeding? [Review] https://propakistani.pk/2019/08/19/airlift-wants-to-replace-public-transport-in-pakistan-is-it-succeeding-review/ #SalmanKhwaja
- Visa Introduces Suite of Security Capabilities to Help Prevent and Disrupt Payment Fraud | Press Release https://usa.visa.com/about-visa/newsroom/press-releases.releaseId.16536.html #SalmanKhwaja
- The Hacker News Patches for 2 Severe LibreOffice Flaws Bypassed — Update to Patch Again If you are using LibreOffice, you need to update it once again. LibreOffice has released the latest version 6.2.6/6.3.0 of its open-source office software to address three new vulnerabilities that could allow attackers to bypass patches for two previously addressed vulnerabilities. LibreOffice is one of the most popular and open source alternatives to Microsoft Office suite and is available #SalmanKhwaja
- Dark Reading: The Flaw in Vulnerability Management: It’s Time to Get Real Companies will never be 100% immune to cyberattacks. But by having a realistic view of the basics, starting with endpoint vulnerabilities, we can build for a safer future. #SalmanKhwaja
- Dark Reading: 68% of Companies Say Red Teaming Beats Blue Teaming The majority of organizations surveyed find red team exercises more effective than blue team testing, research shows. #SalmanKhwaja
- Dark Reading: 7 Biggest Cloud Security Blind Spots Cloud computing boon is for innovation, yet security organizations find themselves running into obstacles. #SalmanKhwaja
- Dark Reading: 5 Things to Know About Cyber Insurance More businesses are recognizing the need for cyber insurance as part of an overall security strategy. Here are some key points to consider when evaluating, purchasing, and relying on a policy. #SalmanKhwaja
- Google Online Security Blog New Research: Lessons from Password Checkup in action Posted by Jennifer Pullman, Kurt Thomas, and Elie Bursztein, Spam and Abuse research Back in February, we announced the Password Checkup extension for Chrome to help keep all your online accounts safe from hijacking. The extension displays a warning whenever you sign in to a site using one of over 4 billion usernames and passwords that Google knows to be unsafe due to a third-party data breach. Since our launch, over 650,000 people have participated in our early experiment. In the first month alone, we scanned 21 million usernames and passwords and flagged over 316,000 as unsafe—1.5% of sign-ins scanned by the extension. https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-giCATR9Q_LU/XVTX6OAwsvI/AAAAAAAAN34/Fr-mvOTiqaUY89uYOskCEXGiDDvI56tYgCLcBGAs/s640/Desktop%2BHD.png Today, we are sharing our most recent lessons from the launch and announcing an updated set of features for the Password Checkup extension. Our full research study, available here, will be presented this week as part of the USENIX Security Symposium. Which accounts are most at risk? Hijackers routinely attempt to sign in to sites across the web with every credential exposed by a third-party breach. If you use strong, unique passwords for all your accounts, this risk disappears. Based on anonymous telemetry reported by the Password Checkup extension, we found that users reused breached, unsafe credentials for some of their most sensitive financial, government, and email accounts. This risk was even more prevalent on shopping sites (where users may save credit card details), news, and entertainment sites. In fact, outside the most popular web sites, users are 2.5X more likely to reuse vulnerable passwords, putting their account at risk of hijacking. https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-kpB8ExSWsXA/XVTX6BEolrI/AAAAAAAAN4E/IiXg5Y0hjw8i0SU_7lmSxtyffsYOoGqVQCEwYBhgL/s640/pasted%2Bimage%2B0%2B%25282%2529.png Anonymous telemetry reported by Password Checkup extension shows that users most often reuse vulnerable passwords on shopping, news, and entertainment sites. Helping users re-secure their unsafe passwords Our research shows that users opt to reset 26% of the unsafe passwords flagged by the Password Checkup extension. Even better, 60% of new passwords are secure against guessing attacks—meaning it would take an attacker over a hundred million guesses before identifying the new password. https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-VYJdio0Ss00/XVTX6CZY4BI/AAAAAAAAN4E/fbk5UagZAoIxveSDkfg-45aAzRaDMLOxACEwYBhgL/s640/pasted%2Bimage%2B0%2B%25283%2529.png Improving the Password Checkup extension Today, we are also releasing two new features for the Password Checkup extension. The first is a direct feedback mechanism where users can inform us about any issues that they are facing via a quick comment box. The second gives users even more control over their data. It allows users to opt-out of the anonymous telemetry that the extension reports, including the number of lookups that surface an unsafe credential, whether an alert leads to a password change, and the domain involved for improving site coverage. By design, the Password Checkup extension ensures that Google never learns your username or password, regardless of whether you enable telemetry, but we still want to provide this option if users would prefer not to share this information. We’re continuing to improve the Password Checkup extension and exploring ways to implement its technology into Google products. For help keeping all your online accounts safe from hijacking, you can install the Password Checkup extension here today. #SalmanKhwaja
- IT SECURITY GURU New Innovations From Tenable Automatically Discover And Assess Rogue Assets Across On-Prem And Cloud Environments Within A Single Platform. Tenable, Inc., the Cyber Exposure company, today announced new product innovations in Tenable.sc (formerly SecurityCenter) and Tenable.io to continuously discover and assess known and unknown assets across on-premises and cloud environments from a single platform at no extra charge. These innovations are based on Tenable’s industry-leading Nessus Network Monitor (NNM) for passive network monitoring, […] The post New Innovations From Tenable Automatically Discover And Assess Rogue Assets Across On-Prem And Cloud Environments Within A Single Platform. appeared first on IT Security Guru. #SalmanKhwaja
- Modern-Day SOCs: People, Process & Technology https://www.darkreading.com/edge/theedge/modern-day-socs-people-process-and-technology/b/d-id/1335434 #SalmanKhwaja
- To all my followers, readers, and associates. Eid ul Azha Mubarak. 2019 #SalmanKhwaja
- I never knew there is security operations center maturity model. Nice. #SalmanKhwaja
- This Tesla Mod Turns a Model S Into a Mobile ‘Surveillance Station’ | WIRED https://www.wired.com/story/tesla-surveillance-detection-scout/ #SalmanKhwaja
- Quite a potential and a double edged weapon. Surveillance Detection Scout . #SalmanKhwaja
- How Safecrackers Can Unlock an ATM in Minutes—Without Leaving a Trace | WIRED https://www.wired.com/story/atm-lock-hack-electric-leaks/ #SalmanKhwaja
- Amazing #SalmanKhwaja
- Dark Reading: WhatsApp Messages Can Be Intercepted, Manipulated Check Point security researchers demonstrate how a dangerous security weakness in the messaging application can be abused to spread fake news and carry out online scams. #SalmanKhwaja
Or one could choose to go to following Categories
With time, I do develop small projects, that aid in the my web development. Below are small links to projects, which I have created for Self Promotion, and they are also being used in everyday routines tasks.
- Power Seek
A complete user manual resides here.
Test drive Power Seek here.
- Power test
test drive your web applications on check for screen sizes here.