Ok. So today, when I re formatted my phone, I realized Whatsapp for business is launched in Pakistan, and I was excited to use it and see it in action.
Here is the link of what’s app for business to install it in your phone.
So if you have a small business, then this is awesome tool to keep in touch with your to be associates, sending them marketing related information, timely information, giving them support, and automated messages which we frequently use in dealing with people, like thank you notes, welcome messages.
Plus it has FAQs section in the profile which will already clear out many first time customers. I would say, a great app feature.
Following is the excerpt from what’s app for business from play store.
WhatsApp Business enables you to have a business presence on WhatsApp, communicate more efficiently with your customers, and help you grow your business.
If you have separate business and personal phone numbers, you can have both WhatsApp Business and WhatsApp Messenger installed on the same phone, and register them with different numbers.
In addition to the features available in WhatsApp Messenger, WhatsApp Business includes:
• BUSINESS PROFILE: Create a profile for your business to help your customers find valuable information — like your website, location, or contact information.
• BUSINESS MESSAGING TOOLS: Be more responsive to your customers by using Away messages to indicate that you’re away.
• LANDLINE/FIXED NUMBER SUPPORT: You can use WhatsApp Business with a landline (or fixed) phone number and your customers can message you on that number. During verification, select the “Call me” option to receive the code over a phone call.
• RUN BOTH WHATSAPP MESSENGER AND WHATSAPP BUSINESS: You can use both WhatsApp Business and WhatsApp Messenger on the same phone, but each app must have its own unique phone number.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can more efficiently respond to your customers right from your computer’s browser.
WhatsApp Business is built on top of WhatsApp Messenger and includes all the features that you rely on, such as the ability to send multimedia, free calls*, free international messaging*, group chat, offline messages, and much more.
Have a look at the following videos to know more.
Now the pros.
- Well it looks like what’s app for business has some performance issues. The comments at what’s app for business show that users complaining heating issues.
- Also one person said that he had one mobile number for personal and business and he wished if what’s app and what’s app for business could run on one mobile number. Personally I doubt it, it would be case if one person is using one mobile for both purpose. Still if one is doing, I do see a use case there.
- Also just like any other app, we might be seeing some bugs which needs to squashed, and it will have some rough edges
Still with all that, I think what’s app might be solving the problems of small business problem. Overall, it looks like the small business should join what’s app band wagon to come in touch with their customers.
I see our small business, delivery services, TCS, Deliver IT providing services to us on what’s app.
Oh and by the way, did I tell you that there is a cool way to display your business number to be displayed on your site and on clicking that link, the viewer, if whatsapp is installed on his phone, will directly open a whatsapp chat opened with your number and he will just have to type a message. Below is the code where you just have to replace Xxxxx with your number in your website html.
<a href="intent://send/+XXXXXXXXXXX#Intent;scheme=smsto;package=com.whatsapp;action=android.intent.action.SENDTO;end">Connect with us over WhatsApp chat.</a>
This will open another nifty way that small business could open up their what’s app to online / web / mobile world.
And the /command line thing they have provided, it’s so cool, and they have borrowed it from Telegram.